Thanks to Jen @ Momma Blogs A Lot for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. This is my first award nomination, so thanks a ton, Jen!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award, and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me:
- I have been blogging less consistently lately because I am trying to devote some of my free time to local politics. While I am not running for office or anything too crazy (yet?), I am helping a local school board candidate, and I am hoping to become involved in some other people’s campaigns for 2018.
- I have always loved reading, but as a child I wasn’t very good at reading. I have always been more of a math/science person than a reading/history person, so it’s kind of funny that I now blog about books and that books are such a passion of mine in my adult life.
- My dream job for summer vacation when I was in high school was sorting mail at the post office. I get immense pleasure out of organizing things. I am constantly volunteering to help friends declutter their houses. No one has taken me up on that offer yet, but I do still sometimes daydream about hand sorting mail at a post office (especially when people are making me nuts). Too bad they have machines to do that now.
Some of my favorite blog posts:
- I’m always happen when I come up with a discussion topic on my own vs. just doing Top Ten Tuesday. An example of that is this discussion on envisioning location while reading.
- Of course, I write a tone of reviews. Here’s one of my recent 5 star reads: Holding Up the Universe.
- I was pretty proud of this idea to market myself through Little Free Libraries. Who knows if it’s working, but it’s a good way to share the books I have with others and get my name out there.
- Recently I’m giving book recommendations based on TV shows. Here’s my post about Adult TV Dramas.
Questions from Jen:
- What is your current favorite show to binge watch? I don’t watch a whole lot of TV because I usually prefer reading, but I do absolutely love Downton Abbey, and I just recently re-watched the full series in January and February. I just heard Games of Thrones season 7 is coming out in July, so I will likely start a binge of that show again in May, so I can re-watch all of the episodes before the new season starts.
- What was your first favorite book? Hmm. I don’t know about first favorite, but I was recently reminiscing with my sister about Julie Andrews’ Mandy. I loved that book when I read it in 4th grade. And I really can’t wait to read it again with my son when he’s just a little bit older. I love that she fixed up a house in the woods. I always wanted to be a grown up when I was little, so the idea of having a little house was so appealing.
- If you could give yourself a superlative (like from high school yearbooks) what would you award yourself? In high school I would have been something like “most likely to die if she ever talked to a boy”. I was so shy. Now it would be something like “most likely to be seen reading a book” or “most likely to share her opinion”. How times change!
- Describe your ideal breakfast. Apple pie? Over Thanksgiving in years past (because this year I was eating Whole30), my family eats pie for breakfast. It’s pretty wonderful. My usually breakfast is pretty great too – eggs, cumin sweet potato home friends, and Jones sausage.
- What app on your phone could you not live without? Goodreads! (And email.)
- What book are you consistently recommending to people?
- What sports did you play in high school?
- Where would you go on your next vacation if money was not an object?
- If you could go back to being any age, which age would you choose?
- What’s the best thing about being an adult?
Here’s how the award’s creator describes it:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
With that in mind, I nominate the following people:
Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog
Lauren @ Bookmark Lit
Sheila @ The Deliberate Reader
Jen @ Jen Robinson’s Book Page
I enjoyed reading all of your blogs. No pressure! If you don’t want to participate in this award tag, you don’t need to do it. Just know that I know you are awesome! Keep blogging, so I can keep reading.